Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I am blessed.

Today we talked.  A lot.  We unpacked the principle about Holy Sweat, Wholly Surrender- the concept of training spiritually with the same dedication and intensity that I train for my sport.  It's about dedication to my faith and honoring God with my time- choosing to spend it wisely, making time each day to really spend time with Him.  A cool concept.

We also had our first interaction with the university team here.  We scrimmaged (and lost by 6) but I was really pleased with the effort and intensity the girls and I played with.  I think the altitude is playing a huge part in our lack of conditioning but that's nothing we can't fix in a couple weeks we have to train before the tournament.

After the scrimmage the girls presented me with a home-made card they had all signed and written a sweet note to me on.  I was seriously in shock.  These girls have opened their hearts and homes to me and I am going to miss them.  A lot.

The girls came out to eat with us after the scrimmage and we ended up talking for a couple of hours with them.  Tomorrow night they are coming over to watch the NBA playoff game.  It's awesome how God is really going before us into their hearts and making them interested in our ministry, the girls, and hopefully the reason we are here.  I would hope that they would spend more and more time with us every day and be exposed to the grace of God and ultimately the Gospel of Jesus.  God is providing us with every open door and heart we desire.  To Him be the glory.

Until tomorrow,
Katie
Early morning worship music

Marn and I gave a Holy Spirit talk

Sarah found it enthralling

As did the rest of the girls

I love this little one

Nat and Karli

Shelley taking notes on our chat

Marnie's illustration about walking in the spirit

The whole team at lunch today

I almost adopted this little girl, Leah.

The girls and the UDLAP team at dinner after our scrimmage

No comments:

Post a Comment