Friday, May 18, 2012

Back in Mexico

I finally made it back to Puebla.  The volcano here has been pretty active for the past week and making it impossible to fly into Puebla so I was delayed a little while.  It's actually pretty gorgeous to look at, crazy as it sounds.  He has since calmed down.



Marnie and Erica came to pick me up at the airport in Mexico City.  I love these girls.



Yesterday we decided to go rock climbing.  It was a blast but I'm pretty sure my forearms will never return to normalcy.  It was definitely something I didn't imagine doing.  How many people can say they've been rock climbing in Mexico?

My team- Yost, me, Marnie, and our summer intern, Mandi.  Mandi just got down here this week also.

Meet Joe.  He's great- he's interning this summer also with AIA baseball.

Yost getting ready for the climb.

I'm attempting to convince myself that I am, in fact, not scared of heights.



Taking a break with Yost.
I'm so ready to get back on the ground.

Joe was pretty exhausted trying to keep up with the girls.
 So in an early post I mentioned Julio.  He's a good friend of some staff here and was recently in prison, wrongly convicted.  He was released in January- which is super rare.  The judge had only given out like two or three innocent verdicts and the fact that Julio was finally released was a huge blessing.  God is doing cool things in Julio's life and his testimony gives me chills.  And minus the Yankees hat, he's actually a pretty cool guy :)
Julio. He's a cutie.

I think Yost was kinda tired.

In my head I was going, "Absolutely not. I'm not climbing that."

And so Marnie went first.

And then I went.


Then I came down.

Reunited and it feels so good. 
On the way home, in true Mexican style, we rode 8 deep in a Jetta.
 To finish off the day, we had... drumroll please... tacos.  Shocker.  This is our favorite spot.  Kind of a hole-in-the-wall.  Literally.



No comments:

Post a Comment